Our mission is to increase sustainable and equitable agricultural development and promote healthy connections of environment and community-based enterprises.
The SEAD Task Force works in coalition to develop and establish, not only sustainable, but practical, long term, land-based economic projects with rural East Tennessee organizations. Recognizing that each local community’s needs are different, the work of SEAD members is based on participatory environment-led initiatives in support of community members.
Rural Broadband Campaign
The SEAD Task Force is currently engaged in an exciting campaign to bring high-speed fiber optic broadband to rural communities in East Tennessee.
Active Partner Organizations
- Clean Water Expected in East Tennessee, Cocke County, Tennessee
- Standing Bear Farm, Cocke County, Tennessee
- Clearfork Community Institute, Claiborne County, Tennessee
- Woodland Community Land Trust, Campbell County, Tennessee
- Rural Resources, Greene County, Tennessee
- Melange, Hamblen County, Tennessee
- Narrow Ridge Earth Literacy Center, Grainger County, Tennessee
- Statewide Organizing for Community eMpowerment, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Highlander Research and Education Center, New Market< Tennessee
- The STAY Project
- Sierra Club of Tennessee